E61 Matrix Shower Screen was developed by Del Creatives S.R.L, DVG and IMS to produce a dryer puck and a full extraction.
It is very different than your usual etched or holed espresso shower. Made of porous stainless steel (99.7% uniform), the shower is compiled of tens of thousands of channels as small as 4-5μ.
This technology acts as a pressure damper (similar to a Gicleur) at the absolute last point in the system before the water meets the coffee puck – similer to a 2nd contact shower screen for the basket.
This IMS innovation is made of 316L s.steel plate, composed of 50 layers of micro pheres, creating tens of thousand of routes, as narrow as 4-5 microns.
This allows a even distribution of the water on the coffee puck. The fine porousity causes a pressure drop at the very last step before the water meets the coffee bed.
The internal pressure inside the porous plate causes the release of nano-bubbles of steam and CO2, creating a sturdier crema.
E61 Matrix Shower Screen Features:
- No more channeling! The matrix material structure ensures a uniform flow which lowers the risk of channeling, even with poor tamping.
- Cleaner groups! Coffee silt does not travel back up the solenoid valveb, but coffee oils do – so you till have to back flush. . However, oily molecules can still travel back with the water being chucked at the end of the action.
- Get more out of less – Improving the flow ontop of the coffee allows the barista to grind the coffee finer and use less of it to reach a similar result.
- Thicker cremier espresso – the micro-bubbles created inside the tiny crevices of the material make their way into the coffee brew. With the fats and fibers, this micro-bubbles build a thicker crema and full body feel.
Dimensions: External 60 mm x Internal 57MM x Wall height 17mm
Holes area: Ø 4-5μ
Material: Stainless steel AISI316 Food Safe
VC Matrix care:
- Flush the shower screen after each use.
- Back flush daily with Urnex or Puly caff – or any coffee detergent agent.
- Flush coffee detergents free with clean water for 20 sec.
- Keep portafilter empty , when not in use.